Um alle Funktionen dieser Seite zu nutzen, aktivieren Sie bitte die Cookies in Ihrem Browser.
Mit einem my.chemie.de-Account haben Sie immer alles im Überblick - und können sich Ihre eigene Website und Ihren individuellen Newsletter konfigurieren.
- Meine Merkliste
- Meine gespeicherte Suche
- Meine gespeicherten Themen
- Meine Newsletter
Novel Fluorescent Benzimidazoles: Synthesis, Characterization, Crystal Structure and Evaluation of Their Anticancer Properties
Background: The benzimidazole core structure is an interesting platform for drug discovery since it possess a wide spectrum of pharmacological activities such as antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anticancer. Previously the antiproliferative effect of novel substituted benzimidazole derivative
was demonstrated based on the ethyl 1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-2-phenyl-1H-benzo[d]imidazole-5-carboxylate scaffold through the inhibition of sirtuin activity. This work aimed to further explore the previous work for identifying novel fluorescent benzimidazoles which possess anti proliferative activities
based on the reported scaffold.
Methods: Compounds were synthesized based on a multistep but facile protocol. Structure of the compounds was elucidated using NMR, FT-IR, LC-MS, elemental analysis and unambiguously confirmed through crystal X-ray diffraction. Molar extinction coefficient of the autofluorescence compounds were determined using UV spectroscopy while cancer cell growth inhibitory activity was carried out using MTS assay.
Results: Four novel benzimidazole derivatives were successfully synthesized in this study. All four compounds were found to emit blue fluorescence when light-irradiated with molar extinction coefficient ranging from 21000 to 29000 (mol L-1)-1cm-1. Two of the synthesized compounds showed good anti proliferative activity against four cancer cell lines tested in this study.
Conclusion: Four novel benzimidazole derivatives presented in this study were synthesized using multistep protocol starting from 4-fluoro-3-nitrobenzoic acid. Their structures have been elucidated using multiple techniques such as NMR, FT-IR, LC-MS, elemental analysis and X-ray crystallography where possible. They were found to have high autofluorescence and two of them were able to inhibit the growth of cancer cells tested in this study.
|Autoren:||Keng Yoon, Yeong; Shyang Chia, Tze; Kheng Quah, Ching; Leng Lim, Wan; Wei Oo, Chuan; Nasrolahi Shirazi, Amir; Parang, Keykavous; Soo Choon, Tan|
|Journal:||Letters in Organic Chemistry|
- 1Innentitelbild: Domino Reaction Catalyzed by Zeolites with Brønsted and Lewis Acid Sites for the Production of γ‐Valerolactone from Furfural (Angew. Chem. 31/2013)
- 2C2N14 – ein energetisches und höchst empfindliches binäres Azidotetrazol
- 3Multivalenz als chemisches Organisations‐ und Wirkprinzip
- 4Fette und Öle als nachwachsende Rohstoffe in der Chemie
- 5[Review] Graphene, related two-dimensional crystals, and hybrid systems for energy conversion and storage
- 6Biochemie des Stresses
- 7Die Wiederentdeckung der Wöhlk‐Probe
- 8Foraging Patch Selection in Winter: A Balance between Predation Risk and Thermoregulation Benefit
- 9Versuche zu Lithium‐Ionen‐Akkus
- 10[Special Issue Review] Machine learning: Trends, perspectives, and prospects